Access ti2 keyboard - new user

• Hello

Everyone , I’ve just purchased a b-stock access virus ti2 keyboard and basically have 14 days to decide to keep or return.

To be honest I’m not very technical gifted or even musically gifted :D but at 60yrs of age, I’m wishing to learn and start my journey using a professional synthesiser

Last year I purchased a Synthstrom deluge and the only other musical instrument I have is an old Roland jv1010 module.

I’ve not made songs , just messed around using deluge and jv1010 for 30-60 minutes when I have some spare time - simple sequencing using the 16 multi timbral sounds from the rompler (midi cable to each)

So I don’t have a DAW but I do have a windows 10 laptop and an apple MacBook M1

First question if I need to update the access virus - what are the steps I would take - and would you use the windows or Mac for this task

Second question how easy do you think it will be setting up the midi channels so the virus talks nicely to the deluge (using midi cables)

I’m sure I’ll have loads of other questions as I progress

I will look into the free DAW as well

I’m not knowledgable and get frustrated with computers so tend to shy away from that side of music although I recognise that I’ll need to embrace that side of music production if I wish to pursue this musical journey further rather than just messing about with basic noises with the Jv1010.

I should add I’ve also not delved into the deluge at all and I guess I need to way up if this is a journey I wish to start or just admit I’m not cut out to make music - I.e. I don’t have the commitment needed to learn instruments and it’s a rather expensive pastime to realise you don’t have the personal skills to make your own music and just better off listening to it :/

Finally thank you for the time reading my question

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Spelunking () aus folgendem Grund: Shop sent b-stock ti2 keyboard rather than a polar ?

• Spelunking

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Access Polar - new user“ zu „Access ti2 keyboard - new user“ geändert.
  • Hello

The access virus ti2 keyboard came yesterday , absolutely gorgeous

but having problems getting the access virus control to work on windows 11

Access virus ti2 was version 5.0.3 and i had a go downloading some files from access website - virus ti installer 5.1.7.00 windows 64 bit

I connected keyboard direct to laptop via usb cable provided and it has updated my access virus to 5.1.7.00 from its previous 5.0.3

But when i click on the access virus control center application nothing happens

Apart from it saying the keyboard needs updating from 5.1.7.00 to 5.1.7.00

i read the manual and it states something about access virus ti software msi - this isnt in any of the folders

i have audiodriver, common , mididriver, usbdriver but none contain anything called virus ti software msi

anyone have any ideas

thank you

• Hi buddy - use the Mac. Full stop.

Trust me on this one...It'll just work...

Access Virus TI2 | Access Virus DarkStar | Access Virus Polar (White) | Komplete Kontrol S61 | Roland A-800 PRO | Casio CDP-120 | Arturia MiniBrute | MPK Mini | MPC Live 2 | Maschine mk2 | Mac Pro 12 core | Cubase Pro 8.5 | Komplete 10 Ultimate | Saffire Pro 24 | 8 channel ADAT | KRK Rokit 5 Monitors | KNS-6400 Cans | Faith Naked Venus | Gretsch G5421 | Tanglewood TSE-605 | SE Magneto Mics | Blackstar Amplification

• Spelunking ---> just curious, how does the Virus Control software accompany the synth? Is it on a CD? a DVD? Or is it a downloadable file?

I'm asking because my TI2 Polar arrived yesterday and there was no media accompanying the synth. The QuickStart Manual says: "The Virus TI comes bundled with the Virus Control software..." I can't find any bundles! ;)

• Spelunking ---> just curious, how does the Virus Control software accompany the synth? Is it on a CD? a DVD? Or is it a downloadable file?

I'm asking because my TI2 Polar arrived yesterday and there was no media accompanying the synth. The QuickStart Manual says: "The Virus TI comes bundled with the Virus Control software..." I can't find any bundles! ;)

Its part of the main download

Virus TI Installer 5.1.7.00

https://www.virus.info/downloads

After it is installed you will get the VSTs and the Virus Control

In order to download the file you need to create an account on the website, and register your unit. Then you get access to the installer i.e (Virus TI Software Suite 5.1.7.00 64-bit.msi)

• Congrats the Virus is fantastic! I use Windows 10 PC and old Macbook laptop with older version of Mac OS before Catalina think el Capitan works. I only use this to load the ROM banks of patches and update the firmware once. For use with a DAW, I use Aura Mystery Island plugin on new Macbook and Touch for ipad to choose patches but most of time, I use just hardware with an external hardware MIDI sequencer and to mixer than to audio interface to DAW for recording songs. The TI plugin is a joke and very slow and buggy even when I got it to work I soon learned to use the hardware user interface. The only benefit to the software plugin is using the custom arp patterns or easier way to use the powerful mod matrix.

• Its part of the main download

Virus TI Installer 5.1.7.00

https://www.virus.info/downloads

After it is installed you will get the VSTs and the Virus Control

In order to download the file you need to create an account on the website, and register your unit. Then you get access to the installer i.e (Virus TI Software Suite 5.1.7.00 64-bit.msi)

That is a comprehensive answer and I appreciate the details. Thank you so much!!! :) :thumbup:

• Congrats the Virus is fantastic! I use Windows 10 PC and old Macbook laptop with older version of Mac OS before Catalina think el Capitan works. I only use this to load the ROM banks of patches and update the firmware once. For use with a DAW, I use Aura Mystery Island plugin on new Macbook and Touch for ipad to choose patches but most of time, I use just hardware with an external hardware MIDI sequencer and to mixer than to audio interface to DAW for recording songs. The TI plugin is a joke and very slow and buggy even when I got it to work I soon learned to use the hardware user interface. The only benefit to the software plugin is using the custom arp patterns or easier way to use the powerful mod matrix.

I appreciate your detailed answer. I have a Windows 10 desktop and was hoping to be able to update the firmware from 5.0.3. Using Virus Control Center. I’d seen several references to Aura Mystery Islands plugin and would likely use that with my Windows Desktop. I don’t use a DAW (yet) but will likely go with Ableton Live and use the Aura Mystery Islands plugin. I’d never heard of the Touch iPad App before. A quick search found it. So, do you just connect your iPad with any USB cable? Mine uses USB-C.

Thanks for your help! :)

• AEGYRE the Touch for iPad app works fine with my Virus. In my rig, the app connects through a USB-C hub to an iConnectivity MioXM MIDI hub, which I’ve connected the Virus TI2 via a Mio DIN to USB adapter.

Most relevant to your question

To be sure I’m giving you an accurate answer, just now I tested plugging the iPad directly to the Virus TI2 USB port with my Anker PowerExpand 6-in-1 USB C PD Hub (available currently on Amazon for $35). It worked fine. I’ve also used my ADG 9-in-1 100W GaN Charger USB-C Docking Station with no problems.

Each of these devices mimics the Apple “Camera Connection Kit” or Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter, acting as a USB C hub and providing USB-C PD charging capabilities. The combination of functionality is quite helpful, as you can power/charge the iPad while using it to control the Virus.

More background

Further, if you want to “play with fire” as I do, a hub like one of these can connect to an audio interface at the same time it’s interfacing with a MIDI synth like the Virus, or even a MIDI network like the one I use. I’ve got a Behringer XR18 mixer recording to Apple Logic Pro for iPad, simultaneous with lots of MIDI communication. The iPad is quite a powerful musical tool!

I use the MioXM because I have an elaborate MIDI setup with a bunch of other keyboards, tone generators and controllers. The MioXM, while really helpful if you want to connect a lot of MIDI gear, doesn’t directly connect to the Virus via USB, as the Virus is not fully MIDI Class Compliant. The Mio solves that problem for me, connecting via DIN MIDI.

I hope this helps!

Welcome to the fellowship of Virus synth lovers.

• Wow, this is a wealth of knowledge. I really appreciate the time you took to convey that info. I'm really glad I caught "The Virus".

;)