Getting a Ti2 - Again - Questions on plugin

• What are my options. As far as I know, the Virus plugin is not available as stand alone, is that correct? I did the fight with the Mac a few years back and gave up. I miss the sound, so I'm getting another one.

I'm not familiar with DAW's besides logic, which doesn't run on Windows.

I guess there is the Aura plugin that I think is stand alone, but that doesn't have the sequencer correct?

Am I better off to find some cheap DAW for Windows and use that? I do have a license for Fruityloops that I've never used.

Thanks

• I use windows 10, everything is working pretty ok.
    I have not heard that many great things about the Aura plugin though.
    Apperantly there is a finish company that have made a plugin, more info in this video:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• There’s the AURA editor plugin, which some get to work. But it’s difficult and cumbersome to set up. If you already struggled with the original TI software, which is plug and play, you’ll probably not want to cope with that. Unfortunately.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.6.6 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 13.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.8 | MainStage 3.6 | NI Komplete Ultimate 14 | RME Fireface UFX+

• The AURA Editor works quite nice for me, really.

The cumbersomeness goes away when you use a midi interface that can merge MIDI signals internally.

I use a MioXM and I can merge the data stream of the Editor and my Keyboard very convenient.

I always had hickups with the original software even if not using the audio side of things.

Plain midi editor use caused glitches on the audio (not USB audio mind you).

The AURA editor really cured that and gives me good tool to have (kind of) total recall.

The developer is kind and very responsive.

It´s a bit of work to setup the thing and confusion arises IMHO mostly when using midi-loop-back to merge virtually on your computer.

Ins become Out....

This is a shortcoming of windows of course not the editor itself and is due to the restriction to one client per physical Midi-I/O on Windows (even 11).

This is the reason why Access implemented a 2nd Midi device in the driver for the Virus TI one for playing, one for the editor....never really worked sadly.

On Mac multiclient use of Midi devices is possible (don´t know myself really because I am on Win11).

• I have Windows 11 laptops, but I do not have money for another DAW. I have Mojave loaded on an external HDD, but can't download an old version of logic to get the plugin to work. I purchased logic in 2013 and Apple is telling me I have to upgrade m OS. I have the MI Aura plugin. It sucks. It doesn't pass BPM from controller through the software to the ARP. That's why I will not be using it. I want to be able to use the Access plugin. What are my options?

• Then your only option is to use macOS 10.14.6 with a matching version of Logic. I think.

Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.6.6 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 13.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.8 | MainStage 3.6 | NI Komplete Ultimate 14 | RME Fireface UFX+

• I use the Aura Plug in software - pain in the ass sometimes, but with very good results and control once you get it sorted out. No sequencer, but easy access to the custom Arpeggiator section.

I also keep an old MacBook Pro around, running older OS so that I can keep using the Virus 'CONTROL software (you can pick them up for under $300 almost anywhere)......both software options have their strengths and weaknesses.......The lack of support from ACCESS Virus is really very frustrating, but for those of us still committed to the Virus hardware, those are the only options available. Frankly, the PC option sounds like a much easier solution ........

• i tried TI2 VC on Win11 and Ableton 11 - VC Plugin Syncs all Banks from the TI2 on every start of the Plugin :( i did not find a solution.

on my old mac pro (High Sierra) - no problems

Hmm, sounds strange that it should behave that differently on Win11.
    Is it the synth that says it is syncing the banks, or is it the plugin?

• blinde_Q maybe the bank files are write protected? On macOS they are in a system location AFAIR, which may need Administrator rights. Maybe something similar applies to Win11.

• Hmm, sounds strange that it should behave that differently on Win11.
    Is it the synth that says it is syncing the banks, or is it the plugin?

both

blinde_Q maybe the bank files are write protected? On macOS they are in a system location AFAIR, which may need Administrator rights. Maybe something similar applies to Win11.

i my case they are in my user documents folder and my user has administrator rights

there some other strange things.. for example: strange signs in the browser menue

• Do you have special (non ASCII) characters somewhere in your path (directory names)?

• That's the name of your hardware device, which can be set in Virus Control Center. Mine is "Virus TI2 Darkstar" which then shows in the menu as "Virus TI2 (Virus TI2 Darkstar)".

• how do i set the name?

In Virus Control, klick OK. It will then connect with your Virus. Then you will have a main menu entry where you can set the name. Don't remember exactly where, but it's quite easy to find.