digital noise with snow

• hello everybody,

Merry christmas at first...

I'm posting here to ask if somebody knows if the support is on holiday....

I still have trouble with my brand new snow, came back from service last week .. problem still there

Anybody coulod help me ?

Thanks

guy

• hello,

digital noise when the usb is connected ( whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii)

came back from synthetizer service... noise still there but lower..

euh measured on a very very low noise floor room on a ssl 4K so not in a bedroom..

Very annoying on subtle sound

Guy

• yeah this isnt a problem with your virus....i dont know a lot about electricity so i cant help you... but ive had noises coming into my speakers and ive fiddled with plugs and stuff and it has sorted it out.

• hum,

nice suggestion but the noise is the same at home and at work.....

There I have a VR 88 , A SSL 4000 with every piece of gear you could ever dream about...

Those mixer are very very very sensitive to power supply so every room has got stabilizer + monitoring of voltage and current etc....

No it is really strange

Thanks for your suggestion...

Guy

• Hi,

You are not alone - my brand new Snow (Dec 2010) has the same issue - some 'aliasing' or digital noise when the USB is connected, but fantastically clean / hiss-free when the USB is removed.

I will keep an eye on this post!
    Cheers.

iix.

• I'm having a possibly similar issue with my Polar, is this occurring only through the USB audio on your Snow? Support has been trying to tell me it's a grounding issue however I don't get any noise and hiss/crackling through the analog outs as one would expect with grounding.

Indulgence gets us friends, but truth gets us hatred.

OB-6, Polivoks, Polivoks Pro, Virus TI x2, Waldorf M, MS-20, MS2000, Radias, Minilogue, Minitaur, Argon8, Erebus, Alpha Juno 2, TR-8S, Xio 49, Ultranova, Microfreak,

• I have the same problem. I've contacted the support today and I'm waiting for a solutions indeed response.

I have a lot of synthesizers, including the new Novation Ultranova, and the only synth that give me noises is the Virus Snow. So I think it is not a ground problem in fact, maybe the Virus synths are more susceptible to absorve noises... Not problem if Access assume that. What we want? Well, I need to keep trying in collaboration of Access Music and find the best solution or workaround that will get me rid of these annoying noises. ie.: A X-Hum adapter to the computer is a good solution?

Cristiano Keller