OS5 Hardware Bug? - LFO 1 LED doesn't show changes.

• I've only noticed this since I loaded OS5. I have a TI2 whiteout 61 key.

The LED's that show the rate on LFO's 2 and 3 work perfectly, but the LED on LFO 1 only shows the rate that the LFO was cycling when the patch was loaded. In other words: When you recall the patch the LFO 1 LED shows the correct rate. But if you change it's rate or the waveform type, the LED doesn't change. It stays the same as when the patch was loaded.

The good thing is the actual speed of LFO 1 does change, I can hear the change in effect on it's destination. But the LED does not display the new rate.

It's a little off-putting because I do most of my editing via the hardware so I like to see the feedback of the LED changing to reflect the LFO setting.

Let me know if anyone else has the same problem, or if it is OK on other units.
    Stuart.

• I also cannot recreate this here. Are you running into this issue with the unit being connected to your computer via USB or when you use it stand-alone? Have you tried this in both situations? Any further information might be helpful.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• Thanks for your replies. Sorry it has taken so long to reply, I have been travelling.

I just downloaded OS5 again and re-installed the firmware once Virus Control was updated. But I still have he same problem, although I have now defined the problem better and unfortunately it's a much bigger problem than I thought.

ON THE HARDWARE: (with USB unplugged)
    - If I press the LFO 1 Select button and adjust the Rate, the LFO 3 LED changes to reflect the new rate of LFO 1. Not only this, if the type of wave is changed on LFO 1 the LFO 3 LED reflects the wave type change as well.
    - Strangely, the opposite is also true, if I press the LFO 3 Select button and adjust the Rate, the LFO 1 LED changes to reflect the new rate of LFO 3 and any wave type changes.

So the LED's for LFO 1 and 3 are swapped around. LFO 2 and it's LED work as they should.

IN VIRUS CONTROL:
    The same thing happens when I adjust LFO 1 and 3 in VC. The opposite LED changes on the hardware. It's as if they are physically connected the wrong way around!

As I said, re-installing OS5 made no difference, but I will try and find a copy of 4.5.3 and downgrade to see what happens.

I assume the circuit board is different on the Whiteout KB's because the LED's are white not red. But surely the printed circuit is the same as the normal KB, only the colour of the LED should have changed. So I still think it could be firmware related rather than hardware.

Can someone from access please confirm that the circuit boards are the same (besides the colour of the LEDs) between the Whiteout and normal KB's? Thanks.