TI 2 Desktop - couple of issues adding up.

• (How can support tell it is fine if it crashes randomly?)

The Demo Song and Prehear function are known to possibly crash the DSPs. Thus they should be avoided.

I don’t know whether Windows 10 is officially supported. If not, then you may have to use an older system. However, I think I installed the Virus software on a Win10 machine a couple of years ago. Haven’t been to that studio in quite a while, so can’t tell exactly what version.

Regarding Behringer: They clone analog gear which is out of production for decades. The Virus is neither.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.6.6 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 13.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.8 | MainStage 3.6 | NI Komplete Ultimate 14 | RME Fireface UFX+

• The Demo Song and Prehear functions are known to crash the DSPs. Thus they should be avoided.

I don't know what I should make of this. Is this harmful intent to provoke noobs?

Regarding Windows 10:

I installed the software on a different PC with newer hardware and Version:

20H2 - 21H2.

It might be possible that the compatibility dropped between 21H1 - 22H2.

Plus I'm using an older PC atm.

This doesn't seem quite normal:

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• Looks like a hardware issue to me - maybe an unstable connection to one of the flat ribbon cables, maybe something in the ADC signal chain that samples the potentiometers. Would've been nice to know if the volume pot still worked before you turned it off or if that one stopped responding as well.

If it *didn't* stop responding then that's a clue that the analog muxing of the potentiometers isn't working.

• If the knobs don’t react as expected, they might be in a different mode. The behavior of the knobs can be configured:

Zitat von Reference Manual, p. 130

Global Soft Knob settings

Response

Determines when and how parameters react to knob movements. Required because the position of knobs seldom reflects the stored values after changing to another program. The Snap and Rel modes are useful for preventing sudden changes in the sound, especially during live performance.

ModeMeaning
    OffKnobs have no effect whatsoever.
    Jump The value jumps immediately to reflect the new knob position.
    SnapThe value is not affected until the original is reached by turning the knob.
    RelThe value immediately changes in the direction of knob movement (without jumping), but limits may not be reachable directly – knob positions only reflect values after the original (stored) value has been reached.

What is the setting on your Virus TI2 Desktop?

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.6.6 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 13.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.8 | MainStage 3.6 | NI Komplete Ultimate 14 | RME Fireface UFX+

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ozon () aus folgendem Grund: formatting

• Looks like a hardware issue to me - maybe an unstable connection to one of the flat ribbon cables, maybe something in the ADC signal chain that samples the potentiometers. Would've been nice to know if the volume pot still worked before you turned it off or if that one stopped responding as well.

If it *didn't* stop responding then that's a clue that the analog muxing of the potentiometers isn't working.

I am 99,9% sure that the volume knob worked always no matter what.

• If the knobs don’t react as expected, they might be in a different mode. The behavior of the knobs can be configured:

What is the setting on your Virus TI2 Desktop?

When you reset via ARP EDIT it is:

"CONFIG button > EDIT CONFIG > Knob Behavior > Response > Jump."

You were right. Sorry. I almost thought that this might've been the case.

The funny thing is: Once you've set it to "Off" there is no turning back AFAIK except resetting it via ARP EDIT.

Luckily a new error appeared. :)

Plus I had the issue with fucked up sounds a couple of days ago.

It sounded like when you load up a complex VST instrument and you have the buffer length set too short

and you get these weird audio artifacts because the CPU can't process how much how fast is going on.

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

I mean I had a couple of cables connected, but they were going nowhere.

I just unplugged everything except the headphones jack and the power cable.

///

I barely used this:

EDIT button > EDIT SINGLE > Inputs > Atomizer > Off

EDIT button > EDIT SINGLE > Inputs > Input Mode > Off

But when you ARP EDIT reset, Atomizer and Input Mode are already off.

I wanted to use the Access Virus as an effect rack here and there as well though. =/

• Look here:

CONFIG/ "Audio Clock"/ Source = ? (is it on S/PDIF ?)

Normally = "Auto"

and

Just before (in CONFIG/ Inputs 2/2 ) you have "Source" = Analog

I just reset the TI 2 via ARP EDIT, then I saw your post.

I suppose you mean this regarding the video.

I didn't change it to S/PDIF before and I didn't have it set now to S/PDIF.

The same goes for "Source = Analog".

I was advised to play around with a MIDI keyboard and see what happens.

Which was quite strange, since I thought the most straightforward

troubleshooting process would be to use as few devices as possible.

I'll play around for now until I hopefully stop stumbling over any issues.