Virus TI2 unusable via USB Audio

• Is there any way to fix the immense issues the Virus Ti2 has via USB Audio or can I just sell it already?

It cannot be used via USB anymore. the arp will do anything it wants at random, the plugin delay is unbearble and also will change at random. it cannot play constant/straight for 2 bars, no matter the sample rate, the VST2/VST3 version 32 bit or 64 bit, live mode or not. The last software update is 2 years old. Will there ever be a new update or can I just sell it and switch to soft synths all along? is it dead already? I was happy with it for about 15 years now, but it is not usable anymore.

Yes I know I could use it via physical audio out, but that's not what I want, the software and USB audio x3 was the biggest thing that made the Virus Ti stand out among other hardware synths.

• If it's good condition, you can always sell it to me.

Always on the lookout for virus no 4...

Access Virus TI2 | Access Virus DarkStar | Access Virus Polar (White) | Komplete Kontrol S61 | Roland A-800 PRO | Casio CDP-120 | Arturia MiniBrute | MPK Mini | MPC Live 2 | Maschine mk2 | Mac Pro 12 core | Cubase Pro 8.5 | Komplete 10 Ultimate | Saffire Pro 24 | 8 channel ADAT | KRK Rokit 5 Monitors | KNS-6400 Cans | Faith Naked Venus | Gretsch G5421 | Tanglewood TSE-605 | SE Magneto Mics | Blackstar Amplification

• I was happy with it for about 15 years now, but it is not usable anymore.

What changed? (it wasn’t the Virus, that’s a given)

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.6.6 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 13.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.8 | MainStage 3.6 | NI Komplete Ultimate 14 | RME Fireface UFX+

• What changed? (it wasn’t the Virus, that’s a given)

I don't know what happened but since Win 11 and about 15 newer versions of FL Studio it just won't work like back in the days anymore, few years ago I could use the Arp normally without issues, but now it just won't play 2 bars without lagging/falling out of the pattern etc also no update for the firmware since 2 years, this Virus itself is new and about 1 year old. I even let the Control Center change my PC settings for optimization at installation, don't know what else I can do. I tried every USB Port on my PC, nothing. it can play in sync most of the time as long as there is no ARP involved but that won't help me with tracks where I want/need to have an ARP ^^

• USB 3 and USB 2 are using physically separated wires and connections which are combined on the USB 3 connectors and cables. Therefore the Virus would connect to the USB 2 connector inside the USB 3 socket (check out Wikipedia about the technical details), and it should make no difference to connecting to a USB 2 socket.

However, the most critical part are the hubs. And there are huge differences in operation and performance (look up USB MTT). A USB 3 hub (which also contains a USB 2 hub) might use inferior components for the USB 2 to achieve lower production cost.

Inferior USB 2 components might have an impact on Virus TI compatibility.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.6.6 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 13.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.8 | MainStage 3.6 | NI Komplete Ultimate 14 | RME Fireface UFX+

• From personal experience I can state that in usb3 ports on my Mac 5.1 the virus does not play well.

Shouldn't make a difference but does make a difference.

It appears to connect up just fine but is unusable with us 3.

Access Virus TI2 | Access Virus DarkStar | Access Virus Polar (White) | Komplete Kontrol S61 | Roland A-800 PRO | Casio CDP-120 | Arturia MiniBrute | MPK Mini | MPC Live 2 | Maschine mk2 | Mac Pro 12 core | Cubase Pro 8.5 | Komplete 10 Ultimate | Saffire Pro 24 | 8 channel ADAT | KRK Rokit 5 Monitors | KNS-6400 Cans | Faith Naked Venus | Gretsch G5421 | Tanglewood TSE-605 | SE Magneto Mics | Blackstar Amplification

• I tried it out again, seeing that I have one USB 2.0 Port on my mainboard, same issue, nothing changed. It would be nice if Access could get their asses up and condescend themselves to bring a software update out after 2 years and new operating systems both on Windows and Mac as well as 200 updates of the DAWs but I guess that's a dream.

• The trick to getting it to work via USB 2.0 in Live for me is to enable Delay Compensation, disable Reduced latency when monitoring, and make sure in the settings the driver error compensation is configured to be 0 ms. This works well enough for recording but it would not be good enough for a live performance as the output is very tight most of the time but sometimes it will go out of sync. Hitting stop/start refreshes it and its good to go for another recording take.

• it's been like that for me back in the days. the virus never ran in sync 100% of the time, but now since FL 20+ hitting stop and play a few time times won't work anymore as it's jumping out of sync within the first bar already after starting off in sync. the settings itself are optimized and correctly put dunno what it is